If these statistics do not provide enough evidence to justify and create a more proactive mindset in Cybersecurity and in protecting your company systems and information, I will eat my hat. Let’s get serious about cybersecurity.
Some Statistics that stand out me ….
- Global cybercrime damage in 2021 amounts to $16.4 billion a day, $684.9 million an hour, $11 million per minute, and $190,000 per second (Cybersecurity Ventures, 2020).
- Every 11 seconds, a business falls victim to a ransomware attack (Arcserve, 2020).
- Over 50% of all cyberattacks target small- to medium-sized enterprises (Cybersecurity Ventures, 2021).
- As such, 60% of SMBs that suffer from hacking or a data breach fold within six months (Cybersecurity Ventures, 2021).
- The likelihood of detecting and prosecuting the perpetrators of cyberattacks in the US is at a dismal 0.05% (World Economic Forum, 2020).
- Losses from cybercrime damages are expected to reach $6 trillion by 2021 (Cybercrime Magazine, 2020).
Read the full article https://financesonline.com/cybersecurity-statistics/